Sunday, January 4, 2009

Personal Bio

Address – 315 Southing Grange, Cottage Grove
Phone – 839-1870
Age - 37
Wife – Linda
Married – 9.5 years
Child – Sydney age 7
Pets – Maggie – Chocolate Lab
Occupation – Accountant
Employer – Mid-West Family Broadcasting

Personal History – I graduated from Dodgeville High School in 1989 and from Winona State University in 1994 with a degree in Business Administration. I lived in Madison from 1994 until building our home in Cottage Grove in 2002. I am an avid Badger sports fan. I love to play volleyball and golf.

Employment History – I will have been with Mid-West Family Broadcasting, a radio station group, for 8 years in April. We have stations in 5 markets and one centralized accounting office here in Madison. Each market is its own separate entity and as such has a Business Manager that handles day to day transactions. As the group accountant, I work with the Business Managers and help them overseeing monthly financial matters for all of the entities. Additionally, I am actively involved in the EEO activities for the Madison market.

What I can bring to the MG School Board – I feel that I can bring a financial viewpoint to the district board, which in these economic times may be needed. As someone who deals with numbers day in and day out and routinely has to help troubleshoot budget, income and expense matters I feel that my area of expertise can be a good compliment to the expertise of the other members of the board. As a member of the Business Services Committee for the past 2 years, I was just reappointed for another 2 years in August, and as a community member on the new Ad Hoc Committee I feel that I have some experience in the workings of the School Board and Administration and that this experience will lessen the time that new board members take in getting acclimated to their position.

Why I want to run for the MG School Board – This district is facing some very difficult decisions in the next few years on many fronts. I would like to think that my financial background and my common sense approach to problem solving would help lead the district down the right path with these decisions. The MG School District needs to keep instruction levels high, facilities maintained and yet have fiscal responsibility and integrity. I know this will be extremely hard, but past boards have done it and I know that I can help the next board do it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment